I found this recipe, like some many others, on google! It’s from allrecipes.com and as they say themselves, they are in fact To Die For Blueberry Muffins!!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Preheat oven to 400F (200 degress C). Line muffin tins with 8 muffin cases.
It’s an american recipe so the measurements are in ‘cups’ rather than oz or grams…
1 and half cups plain flour; three-quarter cup caster sugar; half tspn salt; 2 tspns baking powder; one third cup vegetable oil; 1 egg; one third cup milk; 1 cup fresh blueberries
A topping goes on these muffins as follows:
half cup caster sugar; one third cup plain flour; one quarter cup butter, cubed; 1 and half tspns ground cinnamon
I find that I’m left with far too much of the topping so I usually half it (or else double the muffin ingredients).
1. Sieve the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Pour the veg oil into a 1 cup measuring cup, add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with the flour mixture.
3. Fold in the blueberries.
4. Fill muffin cases until very near the top.
5. To make crumb mixture: Mix together all of the 4 ingredients. I prefer to use my hands to rub together, rather than a spoon or fork. Mix until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
6. Bake for 20-25 mins or until done.
7. Cool on a wire tray or serve warm with a dollop of cream, like I did earlier 😉
Let me know if you try this recipe or have tried it previously 🙂 Why not share your tips in the comments below!